Monday 3 February 2014

Monday


 
Having Fun

In the morning, I waited with Marí Carmen for her sister-in-law and nephew Adrián to arrive, so that she could give presents to him. With my confidence in speaking Spanish growing, I understood a good part of what was being said and even made a few small contributions to the conversation myself, when looking at various characters from Planes and some Hotwheels too. 



Walking out into the sunshine, I was struck by just how bright the sun was and I really needed some sunglasses, especially since I had been accustomed to the incessant cloudy and rainy days in England. Marí Carmen and I continued to talk for a few hours, whilst wandering around the old city centre and taking in the views. 


The Stranded Sardine

I was particularly interested to learn about the floods that often occur in Murcia and the old watermills too, the remains of which are preserved in the Museo Hidráulico, and I made a mental note to go and take a closer look at it - the next day. Towards the end of the afternoon, we found a nice place to eat - next to the Old Town Hall - and, when waiting for Maria to turn up, we exchanged a few good jokes between us...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment