Monday 3 February 2014

Los Reyes Magos


Big Ben

When told that my visit to Murcia would coincide with Los Reyes Magos, I didn’t quite know what to expect because, in England, the winter public holiday ends on New Year's Day and we don't have any kind of holiday like this.

Los Reyes Magos en Murcia

After waiting for more than an hour by the river, hoping that the parade would start really soon, I  wished that I wasn’t wearing just a T-shirt and a waterproof jacket, because I got chilled to the bone. Despite this minor setback, I stuck to my task and took as many photographs of the various 'illuminated characters' as I could, before I just had to go home.

La antigua muralla de la ciudad de Murcia

Before getting warm again and enjoying a homemade paella, along with a glass of delicious local red wine, I encountered a fragment of the old Moorish wall that can be found in Murcia.


No comments:

Post a Comment